Monday, December 03, 2012

My journey to increased health

Some of my blog readers know that my husband, Paul, and I began a journey last August with the #1 weight-loss and fitness program in the nation:  VISALUS.

We are LOVING the journey to health and fitness, feeling stronger, better and more alert every day.  It's so simple, it's almost nuts....a breakfast shake in the morning (or the shake mix in oatmeal as Paul loves it, or pancakes like we both love it), healthy snack mid-morning, lunch shake, healthy snacks in the afternoon, and a normal dinner in the evening.  Or sometimes we switch it up:  breakfast shake, healthy snack, big lunch, healthy snacks and then a shake for dinner.  Some of our friends are doing just one shake a day for breakfast and seeing some amazing transformations!  

I decided to post my progress in pictures here.  Our goal has not been weight-loss, but rather, for Paul, weight-gain in the form of muscle, and for me, losing skinny fat and putting on more lean muscle.  So, since the beginning of August, I have actually put on 3% of lean muscle, lost 3% of body fat, and my body age is 30!  So, here are the visual results:

This was me at the beginning of August, 2012  

Nice belly pooch, huh?

This is me today, December 3, 2012, leaner, meaner and feeling great!

I'm loving my new belly!

Feeling great!

Of course we'be been doing exercise as well, like sit-ups, crunches, push-ups, walking, pull-ups, and the elliptical machine at the gym, in addition to some Kettle Worx workouts.  It's about changing one's lifestyle for the better!  If you'd like to join me/us on our new life-time journey of health, CLICK HERE AND JOIN THE 90-DAY CHALLENGE!



No comments: