Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Student questions

I have 3 new classes of students this year. One is an 11th grade "advanced level" group. Every new group of students eventually come around to asking the question: "So what brought you to Hungary?" This question usually comes later in the semester, after they've gotten to know me a bit. Today, however, a young lady in this 11g class raised her hand and asked....it was only our second lesson together.

I actually prefer when this question comes later, after we've established a trusting relationship with one another. So I quickly prayed and sensed I was to give her the "short" answer, rather than the longer one.

Short answers...just enough to answer and to peak their interest to know more.

There was someone who did this really well...and people flocked to him...and he was able to speak and declare Truth. Sometimes his answers were short, sometimes long. He knew how to answer because He listened to His Father.

I want to be a listener to my Father, so I can answer my students' questions the way He wants me to...short or long.

No comments: