Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More Merton

"The Holy Spirit, Who is Love living in me...is preparing far more surprising things in the future, if I will let Him act.

"There is nothing else worth living for: only this infinitely peaceful Love Who is beyond words, beyond emotion, beyond intelligence.

"Cradle me, Holy Spirit, in Your dark silver cloud and protect me against the heat of my own speech, my own judgments, and my own vision. ward off the sickness of consolation and desire, of fear and grief that spring from desire. I will give You my will for You to cleanse and rinse of all this clay.

"I want to give myself to You without solicitude, without fear or desire, not seeking words or silence, work or rest, light or darkness, company or solitude. For I will possess all things if I am empty of all things and only You can at once empty me of all things and fill me with Yourself, the Life of all that lives, and the Being in Whom everything exists."

No comments: