Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lord, change ME!

The longer I walk with God, and the deeper He takes me into His heart, the more I see it is all about me. Someone once said, "When you hold out your hand to point a finger at someone else, notice that there are three fingers pointing back at yourself!" (Ok, now try it!) Of course there is a spiritual battle going on all around us; of course other people do things that are not right, that are mean or downright cruel; but as I have stepped back and examined the Scriptures and how Jesus interacted with people and dealt with them, in nearly every case, it was about what was going on INSIDE that particular person, and the changes that needed to take place inside of their individual hearts.

Furthermore, in EVERY case of healing, forgiveness and restoration, the person CAME TO JESUS, (or someone came on their behalf) and it was by GRACE ALONE that they received healing, forgiveness and restoration, FROM JESUS!

JESUS ALONE IS OUR SOURCE...ok, we all know that...but the problem still remains, WHO or WHAT is the problem? We can be like the lame man at the pool at Siloam and say, "I don't have anyone to help me..." or even like Adam, "That woman you gave me...." or like Eve, "The serpent made me...." Bottom line: I am the problem; once I finally figure out that it is ME, my selfishness, my attitude, and my lack of looking to HIM for everything I need that is the problem, only THEN will I experience the FREEDOM that Jesus Christ came to give me, by His grace! Someone once cried out: "Thank you, Lord, for saving me from myself!" How very true!

No comments: