Friday, May 30, 2008

Braveheart

I thought I'd watched the film Braveheart, with Mel Gibson...but as I watched it last night, I realized I think I've only seen scenes from it and had never seen it in its entirety! Wow, what a film. If you have not seen it, or it has been a while, see it. I realize after watching it that I have soooooooooo much to say about it that I cannot do it in a blog...which has been the case recently with many different "life analogies" that the Lord is downloading to me. I will say one thing about the film that hit me very hard. At the end...sorry to ruin it for those who've not seen it...when William Wallace is being tortured for his unwillingness to submit to the "enemy leadership", at the most excruciating part of the torture, he cries out one word: FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!! To the very end, William holds fast to his convictions, unwavering, knowing he will die for what he believes. The Christ-figure analogy is obvious...for me, it was a challenge: do I truly believe AND live out my freedom in Jesus, even when faced with difficult, painful, and unjust situations?

No comments: