Sunday, December 17, 2006

Holiday cheer

Here in Hungary, there are some neat Christmas happenings! Outdoor Christmas markets are fun to visit, but in the freezing temps like we are having now, my heart goes out to the vendors, who have no option but to stand in the freezing weather. At these markets, one can purchase hot spiced wine and something called kurtoskalacs...it is like a long tube of sweet donut! Yummy!

Santa already came on December 6th, so now the focus is on the gift-giving. On December 24th, Jezuska (the baby Jesus) comes and brings the Christmas gifts. Unfortunately, many literally only see the sweet baby Jesus and don't realize the significance of His birth.

One of the greatest joys I have during this season is the opportunity to bring my guitar into all of my classes and sing Christmas carols in English! Of course we sing everything from Jingle Bells to Joy to the World! Just last week, after one of my lessons, I could hear the students walking down the hall singing out "Glo-o-o-o-o -oria, in excelsis Deo!" May God penetrate the hearts of MANY students in the school, that they will hear and understand and respond to the TRUE message of Christmas: God has come in the flesh to reconcile people to Himself for all of eternity!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kedves Arden,
Boldog Aldasokban Gazdag Karacsonyt es Boldog Uj Evet BUEK :) 2007


Awesome!

Jezus songs in Szeged public school class rooms...real meaning showing a seed in to the hearts the:
REAL CHRISTMAS!!
JESUS BORN THE SAVOUR :)))

AZ IGAZI KARACSONY!!!
KRISZTUS A MEGVALTO SZULETESE :)))
"Gloria" singing in class Szeged :) AWESOME!!!


Send me PLEASE Arden, some Christmas pictures!!! I want to post them in my American website
" Nosztalgia party 2007 " az operencias tengeren innen es tul...
real snap shots art life style and friends...

send me an e mail, and attach the pictures.



...In America as you know, only the "Winter" not even the Christmas Concert can be public school in America, Sad. My younger son plays trumpet in the School Band.
The Concert is Awesome!!
It is a Christmas gift from the Lord for me that my son plays in the Concert:
http://www.foreverlastingart.com

I love the U.S.A. this is my Home Country America, as a Mother & Artist.... But I Miss Szeged so much!!

WOW God is using you Arden, playing with the gitar and singing Hallelujah!! Hope God gives you Strenght and Health!!
tell your student about my book:
"Talalkoztam Istennel New Yorkban"
"I met the Lord in New York"
(library in Hungary: Szeged Jozsef Attila Tudomany Egyetem, somogyi, szechenyi istvan nemzeti Budapest...and U.S.A.) parhuzamos forditas one side english one side Hungarian. (My younger daughter said english is hmhhmhm she was not with me when we printed the book (we want a keep the styles also the Artist style I was at that time, so the American university prof Szeged from America :)) was translating and helping on that) but at that time we did not have to much time and the story was the key....maybe you can use the story and corrigate proper english with your students :))) Good Evangalisation tool, andventure and love story and more further real my life story, journey, and artist biography start from Szeged :)) to America and Heaven...Glory to God!...Dicsoseg az Urnak!!!...

Kedves Arden,
Boldog Aldasokban Gazdag Karacsonyt es Boldog Isteni Eredmenyben Gazdag Uj Evet Kivanok!!



I hope you OK with the Stones
Arden, I keep you in my Prayer


Merry Christmas
& Happy New Year 2007


BUEK :) 2007
Love in Christ, Agi U.S.A.

Anonymous said...

" Christmas Gallery talk "
" Karacsonyi Gallery beszelgetes"

*********************************
JESUS BORN OUR SAVOUR = REAL CHRISTMAS MEANING
KRISZTUS A MEGVALTONK SZULETESE = IGAZI KARACSONY
*********************************
? ...Honnan tudna barki hogy igaz ez, es ma is lehetseges? ...amikor a gyertya feny kialszik...Hat rajtunk latjak, hogy gyertya fenykent es Isteni langkent vilagitsunk a sotetben az emberek szivebe, hogy lassak a Megvaltot a szivunkbe!...Magammal kezdem remelem ebben a Karacsonyi idoben es a 2007 Uj Evben...
**********************************


Dear Arden,
Please translate this
" Christmas Gallery talk "
so it will be proper english...
and also please post it here, so people can see it in America too the meaning of the Real Christmas...

Szeretettel Agi U.S.A.

Anonymous said...

" An Angel Returned "
************************




" An Angel Returned "
************************
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
" An Angel Returned "
************************

Me said...

That is so awesome! I wish we could sing Christmas carols at my school...i've been humming them to myself as I go to my next class...
I'm still praying to find someone who shares my faith!
Lots of Love,
I miss you!
~Katie