Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Gifts

I love giving gifts! I'm not a very good receiver of gifts, but I am learning. I get such great joy out of making someone's day, surprising them, with something they weren't expecting. I'm not sure why this gives me such joy, but I think that God is much the same. As I continue to learn to humble myself before Him, and just worship Him, He shows up and gives me sweet gifts of Himself that are often surprising, and never quite the same. Sometimes these gifts are tangible: a hug from a friend, a word of encouragement, a touch, a prayer spoken aloud; other times they are intangible: peace, joy, overflowing sensation of His love. I don't always know what kind of gift will bless someone; but God always knows the perfect gifts that we need and just when we need them. May we continually look to Him for every good and perfect gift! www.ceokids.org

No comments: