Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Visionary

Sometimes I find it challenging to be a visionary. The Lord will "drop" an idea into my spirit and/or mind, and within a few minutes, I can see the entire thing played out in my head and the future impact for the Kingdom this idea will have. Often, it's like a rushing waterfall of this, that and the other, all amazing pieces of the grander puzzle that, in my visionary mind's eye, looks phenomenal and completely doable. So, where is the challenge?

Implementation.

I am the type of visionary who does not have a clue how to implement the vision. I knew, but am discovering even more so through marriage, that I am not a detail person. So, while I see the big picture and even some of the details, I am typically at a complete loss as to how to implement the vision and help it come to fruition.

Yesterday, during morning prayer through Skype with the Hartley Institute, God dropped a vision in my spirit for a business. As I chatted with others on the call, it seemed to catch fire quickly and we all could feel the excitement of it. That excitement continues today, but when I consider the challenge of implementation, I grow easily discouraged and want to toss in the towel because, while I know all the things that need to come into place, I don't know the first thing about how to make that happen.

So, I am praying that if this is truly a vision from the Lord, that HE will bring the people He knows need to be in place for implementation to unfold, His way, for His glory!

No comments: