Monday, January 24, 2011

Where I am and what's up!

Boy, I used to blog so much more often before I got engaged! Ha ha ha!

Right now, I am sitting in the Exodus Cry Awareness Center in Grandview, MO. You can check them out at www.exoduscry.com I volunteer here for 3 hours a week, ready to answer questions for those who come in to learn about not only the history of human trafficking, but also what is going on currently in the world and what Exodus Cry is doing about it. Each time I walk in here, my heart begins to cry out for those women, children and even men, who are lured, duped and dragged into this insidious 'trade'. Human trafficking is second only to drug trafficking in money making world-wide. Praise God for those who cry out day and night for those enslaved and for those who are involved in the restoration and healing of those who are rescued!

I continue to hear good things about my book, Walking Forward - Discoveries in Freedom and Forgiveness and the ways the Lord is using it to imact lives. Here is a recent testimony from a friend of mine who is mentoring a young lady:

The latest: "Arden, I was reading your book out loud to my son's girlfriend. She called me in hysterics and I suggested I read to her. Within 20 minutes of reading, she was completely calm." It's testimonies like this one that cause my heart to leap with joy, knowing the God of the universe is touching hearts through this message!

If you want to quicken your heart regarding forgiveness, healing, freedom in the Lord, you can get your copy of Walking Forward through me or at Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble or Xulon Press.

Wedding plans...churning along...it seems to be a never-ending process of doing this and that, and any of you who know me know that details are not my forte! Ha! I am loving it, though as it is stretching me, and in addition, Paul and I have begun premarital counseling classes! Fun!

Book writing: I am under the gun now to complete my second book: The Senders. I need to finish writing, editing and publishing it by the end of February! Whew! Why then? Well, I am part of a team called the John Four Group going to Johnson City, Texas to minister in a church there, and the team is putting together resources that people attending the symposium can take with them!

So, needless to say, I am busy! Loving it, though!

No comments: