Saturday, July 22, 2006

Faithfulness

I don't think I will ever stop being amazed by God's faithfulness. He is SO involved in the initmate details of our lives, if we will let Him be, and if when we do, we are attuned to His tender voice, wooing us into His presence, to behold His face, and be embraced by His loving, gentle arms. The Bible describes God as always faithful because He cannot deny Himself...wow, faithful is who He is, not just a characteristic!!! We humans see faithfulness on the practical level as some sort of fruit or action from someone. But people can also be unfaithful...God can never be unfaithful because that would deny who He is. I'm floored when I ponder that the lover of my soul, His very essence, is faithful...no wonder the Bible says repeatedly, "don't be afraid!" This Truth frees me up to be utterly faithful to others because I know that the One who lives in me cannot be anything other than faithful TO me, and it is His faithfulness that will flow through me!

No comments: